Year of bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Year of bike

Need to find year on a GS 750 can't find any tags on bike only numbers i can find are on the engine . It says GS 750 40408. HELP !! :?

Re: Year of bike

Hmmm, the engine number on my 79 GS 750E is 80533, so my guess would be pre 1979. I think Frank P has a listing of numbers and manufacture years, but not positive.

Earl

Originally posted by Bumstead
    Need to find year on a GS 750 can't find any tags on bike only numbers i can find are on the engine . It says GS 750 40408. HELP !! :?
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

just looked at my 77 gs 750. It says gs750 54536, if these numbers rise numerically with each year than your bike would be before mine and probablly built in or before 1977.

There should be a tag on the frame tube of the triple tree on the front end. Just turn the bars to extreme right or left and you will expose the forward facing tag on this tube. It will give you the build month and year of the bike (ex. mines says 11/77 to be the 11th month of 1977).

Just a guess

Mark

1977 gs750
      31, XXX km
      slightly modified 8valve engine (Custom oil filler cap!!)
      old kerker exhaust

Comment

Must be a '77. 1978 GS750 engine numbers started at 43683.
        Axel

Comment

Checked there tags not there thanks any way.

Originally posted by Mark
          just looked at my 77 gs 750. It says gs750 54536, if these numbers rise numerically with each year than your bike would be before mine and probablly built in or before 1977.

There should be a tag on the frame tube of the triple tree on the front end. Just turn the bars to extreme right or left and you will expose the forward facing tag on this tube. It will give you the build month and year of the bike (ex. mines says 11/77 to be the 11th month of 1977).

Just a guess

Mark

1977 gs750
          31, XXX km
          slightly modified 8valve engine (Custom oil filler cap!!)
          old kerker exhaust

Comment

Working...
          X