Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which parts do I need to remove my Vetter Windjammer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which parts do I need to remove my Vetter Windjammer?

I thought that maybe some people here mounted the Windjammer, and so they would know which parts they took off to mount it.

I want to do the reverse. I have a Windjammer on my GS, and I want to dismount it and mount a Plexifairing 3. At some point before I bought the bike, someone dropped it on the Windjammer and bent the frame, so that the headlight is aimed off to the right about 10 degrees. Also the windshield is badly scratched, seeming from some dolt using Scotch-Brite to remove bugs or something.

I thought that it would also be a good way to drop 20-30 lb. off my bike and sharpen the looks a bit.

Lastly, any good sources (besides ebay) for those parts?

Thanks!

You do know the headlight is adjustable side to side, their is a bolt on the inside of the headlight housing-- remove the headlight trim ring to gain access. . I doubt that the vetter frame is bent, if it was the Vetter would be distroyed not scratched
    To remove it you would need a complete headlight assembly and the mounting ears for the forks- Only if they were removed during the instal. If you were lucky only the headlight was removed and the vetter headlight cover was put on the headlight housing

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1
      You do know the headlight is adjustable side to side...
      Ummm.... Yes, I knew that.... That was a test, and you PASSED!
      I will look into that and a new piece of acrylic or Lexan or something instead then, as I really like the integrated turn signals.

Comment

depending on the vetter you will need the headlight mount and light. turn signles, and the cover that goes on the triple tree.

Comment

*blink blink* The triple tree has a cover?

Ditch the jammer! You know you wanna! Provided the eats to mount the headlight are still there (Unless it was dealership mounted, they probably are) all you need is a light w/ bucket and a couple (preferably matching) turn signals.

It will drop 30 pounds, it will look a billion-ish times as good, and will ride nicer because you don't have those 30 lbs mounted up high. You will want to snag some saddle bags to replace the fairing storage compartments.

Friends don't let friends ride with fugly Vetters.

Say no to ugly fairings!

Comment

Working...
          X