Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else have trouble with LP turnsignals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else have trouble with LP turnsignals?

I put on the black housing/ clear lens short stalks on my bike a while ago now but I've had a few burnt out bulbs that cost $$$ and was wondering who else has them and what they did if anything to prevent the bulbs from burning out constantly. I don't think the housing's isolation is the problem, but that the sockets and bulbs sort of hang in the housing. I do like the way they look but I never even lost a bulb on the stock signals :roll: Thanks, Ed

I had the exact same problem with my rear signals that i put on awhile back. Seems that the problem was the wiring. Apparently someone who owned the bike before me had changed the wiring so that the rears were dual filament(always on like parking lights for a car). This seemed to overload the system and blow the bulbs. I ended up removing that section of wiring thinking that would do the trick. About a week later there went another bulb. I tested all the wiring and found that there was a short in the connectors and decided to completely rewire the rear harness. Havent had a problem since.

Comment

Are you running 1157 bulbs? or something similar? Seems my LP flush mounts eat bulbs, so I replaced the 1157 with 1034's (which are a rough duty bulb for vibration). Cost was $3.39 for 2 at the local NAPA.

Kenny

Comment

The thing is that they take special LP bulbs, not like the stock which took 1157. I wish they took those because I could find amber 1157's at the auto parts store. sucks

Comment

I recall something about the LP bulbs being 6 volts instead of 12.

Steve

Comment

Working...
          X