What could be wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What could be wrong?

I've noticed lately that in the straights my bike has been getting a bit wobbly. Today, while going out to get a pack of ciggarettes, I came around two different corners and nearly lost it both times. The first time, the back tire slid out and the second the bike started shaking violently (like a wet dog) and I had to straighten up mid-turn just to keep the rubber side down. Keep in mind that I have taken these two corners numerous times using the same technique that I did today. Might be wrong with my bike? If so, what could it be?

The first things I would check would be all the bearings:
    - swingarm
    - steering
    - wheel

Then suspension, but you haven't given us much to go on.

Comment

Tire pressure.

Comment

If it happened all of a sudden CHeck the tire pressure first maybe a broken shock, check the wheel brgs

Comment

If it's tire pressure, it is probably too high.

If there was a sudden change in temperature from cold to warm in your area, the pressure would go up since the air is less dense.

If there is a leak, and the tires are all floppy, that could be a problem too, but I would think you would notice that...

Comment

Welll, I guess I should have mentioned that my front tire is screwey air pressure wise....that could be it.

Comment

Working...
            X