O-rings Interchange?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O-rings Interchange?

Redoing the carbs on my 86GS550ES/G. I still have quite a few "o-rings" left from my 81GS550T rebuild. (At least enough to do 4 carbs). I was wondering if anybody knows if the O-rings on the 86 are a match for the o-rings from the 81, as I have not be able to find a kit to do my 86 dual carbs. And, of course, I will surely break or soak one of the ones on there when I do the rebuild.. Of course, trial and error would work, but leave me without a running bike as i search for o-rings, and with limited "nice" riding weather left, want to get as much in as possible

Thanks

This a question for Robert Barr, he sells the o-rings in kits,I believe there is a link to his site on our links page, or look in the memeberlist for him and use the "www" link.
    Dink

Comment

Yep - www.cycleorings.com I just ordered some from him and have in the past as well - , but they are all for the 4 carb setup...at least that what it looks like from his web page. I have emailed him to see if he knows.. I certainly hope they do. I'd hate to have to order each style from someone else at twice the price, if I could find them that is...

Comment

Since I've never seen these carbs, I don't have an answer for this guy. Anyone else try my kit (or any other kit) on this style of carb?

Comment

My, Robert, what a big nose you have!!!

Hap

Comment

bump

Comment

Rob, have you contacted Mikuni? Also, have you checked Bikebandit?

Comment

Checking Bikebandit, they still have the o rings, but will cost approximately 20 bucks for the ones I need. I have another set of spare carbs I will disassemble tomorrow and check the rings, to see if they are interchangeable. If not, then off to Bikebandit I go...
                I will also be sending an email to Mikuni...

Thanks for all the info!!!

Comment

Working...
                X