Need Help Please. RR insulated or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help Please. RR insulated or not?

I got an RR from a GS 750 to try on my GS 550T. I can't find the bolts I took off of it. I found some that will fit and can't remeber if it had rubber washers or not. Any help would be great thanks.

Re: Need Help Please. RR insulated or not?

You might want to verify that what you have is actually a combination regulator/rectifier. When I replaced the regulator and rectifier on my 79 GS750 E. they were two separate components.
    The rectifier was located under the left side cover. The regulator was bolted to the underside of the battery tray. Neither of them is isolated. They were grounded by their bolts to the frame/flanges on the bike.

Earl

Originally posted by moonshine550t
    I got an RR from a GS 750 to try on my GS 550T. I can't find the bolts I took off of it. I found some that will fit and can't remeber if it had rubber washers or not. Any help would be great thanks.
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

if it has the same # of wires it should work,

Comment

Thanks guys. I figured it out, it isn't. But the replacement was used and I found that it doesn't work either. So I guess I should bite the bullet and spend the money on a new one.

Comment

Working...
        X