Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to buy frnt mster cylinder rebuild kit for '78 GS1000?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to buy frnt mster cylinder rebuild kit for '78 GS1000?

I've tried ebay and all the other 'old Suzuki' parts places that I can think of. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Post or PM your ideas.

Thanks....Mark

I got the one for my 79 from Bikebandit.

Make sure you get the correct one, there's a different MC for the single disc versus the dual disc.

Comment

It's not listed on the Cycle Recycle 2 web site, but if anyone could help you out, it would be these guys. They can get a lot of stuff they haven't bothered to list on their site.

Give 'em a call:
      CRC LAW FIRM GUIDE Contact Us CRC Law Firm Guide At CRC Law Firm, we are dedicated to providing exceptional legal services and personalized representation to our clients. With a strong commitment to integrity, professionalism, and achieving favorable outcomes, we strive to be your trusted partner in navigating the complexities of the legal system. Comprehensive Legal Expertise With a diverse …
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Thanks for the help!

You guys are great. It's nice to find a site where people actually care to help each other.

Thanks again.

Comment

if those dont help, a good bet is to check out the salvage yards.

I needed one for my '80 gs 850 L, and deciding not to go with the dealers back-order to japan (1 month waiting time) found one through an old jap parts dealer.

i'll bring the link for a list of alot of places around canada that could be successful.

Comment

I think your only possibilities are a place like Bikebandit or a dealer for fronts on a pre-80 or 81 (the ones with the round reservior). I'd hesitate to use salvage, it's an 'unknown quantity' in this case. I've been finding though that when there's a leaky master cylinder it's really just jellied brake fluid causing problems, and a thorough cleaning puts it back to 100%. Provided of course the miles aren't that high, but most bikes seem to do more sitting than mileing. You put 100k on a master cylinder though and there's a good chance it's worn out.

Comment

Check these folks out. They frequently list stuff on eBay.

Comment

Working...
              X