Wifee's bike too tall, or maybe she's vertically challenged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wifee's bike too tall, or maybe she's vertically challenged

"85" GS 550 ES. With the air forks & monoshock, how can I lower it a little. My only idea is a 16" rear wheel from a "82" thru "85" GS 550 L, but not sure if it will fit properly. Any ideas?

Just a thought, any way a different seat might sit lower for her? Or maybe fit her some of them tall shoes from the 60's? hehehe

Comment

You can trim an inch from the seat foam using an electric carving knife.
      Cut it from the bottom to keep the right shape.
      Worked for me.

Comment

Tall

How about buying her some 6' stilletto heels, :P

Comment

Shorter spring on the monoshock and drop the fork legs through the yokes?

Comment

If you can find a Corbin Gunfighter, that will help a ton! My 85 has the gunfighter on it and I'll bet it dropped the seat 2 inches. Combine that with "E" spec bars, and I feel like I am riding a chopper!

You could drop the forks in the triple clamps and inch or so, and I thought all of these bikes came with the 16" front wheel? You could also run shorter tires (80 or 70 series), to drop it into the weeds.

My wife is still intimidated by the 85 550E, thus I am in the market for a training bike like a GS250/SR250/etc.

Kenny

Comment

My wife's 5' 8", a tad " vertically challenged " to touch down fully while on my GS, so we took her leather Prexport bike boots to a shoe repairer and had 1" thick rubber soles and heels fitted. Of course now the boots look weird , but they do the job. I didn't want to butcher my seat, so I butchered her boots instead !
              She rides a Seca, so she don't care

Comment

Working...
              X