No announcement yet.

Pilot Jet Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somebody out there must have a parts manual and can give you the right jet #. I suggest you go to http://www.zedder.com and order a parts CDROM.

My 850G takes a #40 pilot jet as standard. For now, why don't you use the original jets, and find out what you need?

Comment

OK, thanks, I called up the dealer, they looked it up on the microfiche and said it said pilot #15, so that website I was looking at must have been wrong unless the jetting is different for a '79 GS750L, that is what the specs were for. I'm wondering if maybe the previous owner changed the jetting on my bike to compensate for the Kerker 4-1. It had #22.5 pilots & 97.5 mains, now it will have #15 pilots & 102.5 mains

Comment

Very likely the PO went to larger pilots to compensate for the 4 into 1 pipes. I did to eliminate the exhaust popping with my bike, and it did it with the stock mufflers.

Comment

Be sure you have the correct length pilot jets. There are 2 lengths.
          Your carbs use the longer (1 1/8") ones.
          And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
          Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Working...
          X