80/81 1100e calipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

80/81 1100e calipers

well i have just installed an 80 1100 front end on my 1000 and i am having difficulty trying to find the right type of front brakes, i have just recieved a pair of 1980 calipers that i thought would fit but from what i can tell i can't get them to fit i have also tryied a pair of 83 1100e calipers, no dice.

can someone please take some photos of your calipers from all the directions, and especialy showing how the calipers bolt to the forks. could you please also measure the diameter of your front discs.

the more pictures the better don't worry about the size i have a big enough mail box and if you need a bigger account i can hook you up with a gmail account.

thanks alot,
    ryan
    78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
    82 Kat 1000 Project
    05 CRF450x
    10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

I think you should post some pics of what you have also so everybody can really see what's going on.

Comment

I have an 81- I think my bike has the exact same setup as the 83's, which you say don't fit, so I don't think I could help you. But I've been meaning to photo essay my piece of junk anyway, so I'll get to it maybe tonight.
      Currently bikeless
      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

thanks for taking some pics, anyone else got this type of front end with these calipers. these are the forks with the foward mounted axle but have adjustable loading and damping.

the problem i keep running into is the calipers can be bolted in the bottom holes but then when i try to rotate the caliper up to line the upper hole up with the upper caliper mounting hole on the forks. The caliper makes contact with my disk and keep the caliper hole away from the fork hole about a 1". it basiclly seems like my disc is to big but i have the stock disk on the front.

i also though i fixed the problem when i got a set of calipers of a same year front end as i am using but but i am running into the same problem.

maybe i have things backwards right now but i haven't played with it that much yet.

-ryan
        78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
        82 Kat 1000 Project
        05 CRF450x
        10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Working...
        X