Temp sensor for fuel injection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temp sensor for fuel injection

I would just like to know if there is a Cylinder head temp sensor, or a oil temp sensor that would fit my '78 gs1000, or that could be modified to fit?
    From my understanding there are some gs's that have oil temp sensors, so would one of those fit?

I have a set of GPZ throttle bodies and will be building a Megasquirt efi system.

I already have some experience with this on a 1000cc J model kawasaki turbo dragbike so i already have solutions for some of the problems inherant to bikes. And seeing that the engines are closely related(other than performance) there shouldn't be many differences.
    Feel The Pulse!

1982 GS1100E with Tracy one piece body
    2007 Roadstar Midnight Warrior

ebay cntgeek

Sensor

Get the sensor off the kaw. 1100, it should work if not one from a air cooled type 3 VW will work but is a little larger than the kawa. one, you will have to heli arc a lug to the back of the head and drill and blind tap it

Comment

Thanx for the info Gee.
      Feel The Pulse!

ebay cntgeek

Comment

Pleas keep us informed on this as you go , keep plenty of notes and take pictures as I at least am extremely interested in going to injection.
        Dink

Comment

Yeah, I will keep you all posted. The project will not start for another month or two, but i will document everything seeing as you and a few other individuals(if I am not mistaken) are interested in EFI.
          Feel The Pulse!

ebay cntgeek

Comment

Count me among the interested! I have 3 1000s & i hope to install efi on one of 'em

Terry

Comment

Working...
            X