1000S and 1000E tank the same or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by simon lambert
    Be careful with the bars.. getting the rise right means the difference with the throttle cables not touching the tank (without twisting the assembly around) and having clearance with the master cylinder resevoir.
    I used an after market english tourer type bar that I narrowed up, but the tripple clamp top cushion was tough to get in place.. the rise was too close to the top clamp.. I enede up with a genuine new old stock set of e-bay.. I have the part number if you want to chase them down.
    Robin I am not sure if the 1000S tank is unique but using the 1000E tank with the bagde screw mount filled does work.. I have bought one tank out of the wreckers that was a smooth side (no badge mount) but finding them is like rocking horse poo..

Best Regards Simon
    Simon, when test fitting the S fairing I got from you on my bike it looks like my super bike bars are going to be too high? Must I find a set of S model bars now as well or is there another trick other than just tilting them down?

P.S. I sent you an important Email the other day that needs your attention.

Sorry if this is thread hijacking Robinjo but it is right on subject for me

Comment

Originally posted by Hoomgar

Sorry if this is thread hijacking Robinjo but it is right on subject for me
      No problem bro!

Comment

The non std bars I used were either called eliminator, not sure if that was the brand or style.. they are a slight gull wing style. But the do need shortening by around 50mm each side..
        Best Regards Simon

Comment

Working...
        X