Rotor puller for 82 1100GK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rotor puller for 82 1100GK?

Does anybody happen to know an aftermarket company that makes a puller for this?
    Or even better what the threads might be on the rotor itself?Looks like you could make one with 2 nuts,a piece of tubing and a long bolt,but unfortunately I dont have an assortment of large metric nuts to try.It isnt a left hand thread is it?
    Oh, I'm in Canada so I'd prefer to be able to get my parts north of the border to minimize the brokerage fees etc...(ie Dennis Kirk would be a PITA)
    Thanks a lot guys!
    Steve

All I can tell you is that my 1982 GS1100E rotor has a M35x1,5 thread for the puller.
    I had a puller made. Check my site under modifications/rotor issues for more info.

Comment

thanks for the reply;got my puller today.It is indeed an m35x1.5 nut just like the 16 valve 1100.hopefully it will also fit my 80 gs1000g parts bike .I'll post tomorrow after I find out...

Comment

Well, the same puller will fit an 80 GS1000 G as well...Unfortunately the starter clutches arent the same...DOH!
        So,anybody have a good used starter clutch for sale?I tried the pins,springs and rollers for the 1000 clutch (which of course works perfectly) and pounded a few parts flatter or closer to round on my gk clutch.It turns over now ,but slowly.I'll leave the battery tender on it overnite,but even if it works,I'm sure it wont last long...

Comment

Working...
        X