Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for some parts or where to get them.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for some parts or where to get them.

I have 3 GS's. My pride is my almost completely restored 1980 1100e. I have put so much time and effort in it that where ever I ride everyone wants to stop and talk with me about it of buy it. At this time I am looking for a set of used or a place to buy new front fork tubes. I also have a 1980 1000e that I picked up for a song and a dance ($600.00). It was garage kept has only 11,000 mile and looks like it just came off the show room floor. The only problem is the prior owner rear ended some one and bent the front forks so I need a set of tubes for it also. My third GS is a 1983 1100e and it needs much work. At this time I am looking for an instrument cluster and a stator cover. I have been on www.bikebandit.com and they have the tubes but they are very expensive. I was hopeing that some one in the GS community may have some of the parts that I am looking for or know where I might find them a little cheeper.

Thanks for the help and the fantastic web site,
    The Beast

If you don't mind used, and can handle a lot of b/s and/or brainless simpletons, I'd say give eBay a try. Just be prepared to REALLY read between the lines and sift through a lot of junk. You can score good parts there, but patience is king. Caveat emptor.

Comment

For what OEM replacement tubes would cost you could probably replace the entire front end with GSXR stuff. That is unlesss you intend to leave it completely stock.

Comment

I do the eBay thing a lot. I check the new listings every day and I see fork tubes all the time. There is a lot of junk there and you definitely need to be careful. But there is also a lot of good stuff. Another member of this forum provided a search that I modified for 1100 parts (include the parentheses):

(Suzuki GS1100,GS 1100,GS-1100)

One thing about the listings on eBay: The sellers usually don't seem to understand the differences between models. I often send a message to the seller to ask for the specific model, and even then it can be uncertain. I recently bought a carb rack that was advertised as being for an 1100, but was actually for an 850 or thereabouts (32MM). I ended up swapping them with another member of this forum and everyone was happy.

The main thing is to be patient and don't bid early.

Comment

Forking by Frank (1-847-475-1003)

Frank's Maintenance and Engineering, Inc., Evanston, IL, 60202, motorcycle fork tubes,forking by frank,german,japanese,spanish,chicago,motorcycle,forks,tubes,fork tubes,bikes,cycles,choppers,honda,suzuki,kawasaki,yamaha,bmw,triumph,bsa,norton,maico,harley davidson,, motorcycles,motorcycle parts,parts,engines

Cheaper than OEM, but quality at least as good.

Hap

Comment

I'm not sure if they would be what you want I have a set of forks from an 81 gs1000G with the leading axel

Comment

Working...
            X