GS650l charging problems (what's new)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS650l charging problems (what's new)

I have a '81 GS650L. It has 9k miles and I've replaced the stator and r\r with new units. I've cleaned the light switch. I believe the regulator and rectifer are one unit on this bike.
    I have cleaned most of the terminal connectors on the bike with no good results. I have a Kawasaki Concours and the battery that come with it are not reliable due to an internal problem with the plates breaking contact when warm.
    When I recharge the battery it takes a long time (6 hours) to start holding a charge so mabe it's the battery that's the problem.
    Sometime you can solve problems by just talking to the group. Any idea's? I'd be happy to hear them. What can I do besides sticking a peice TNT in the tank and send it to bike hell?

Put a new battery in it first, then refer to the stator pages in the garage section

Comment

OK now, I am really in a slump about this bike. I have changed the battery and still no change. Some one mentioned that the light switch may be the hold up, any thoughts on this?
      <<I have a '81 GS650L. It has 9k miles and I've replaced the stator and r\r with new units. I've cleaned the light switch. I believe the regulator and rectifer are one unit on this bike.
      I have cleaned most of the terminal connectors on the bike with no good results. I have a Kawasaki Concours and the battery that come with it are not reliable due to an internal problem with the plates breaking contact when warm.
      When I recharge the battery it takes a long time (6 hours) to start holding a charge so mabe it's the battery that's the problem. >>

Any advice is good at this point. THANKS!!

Comment

get a good multimeter and start poking around in the stator papers, complete walk thru.

Comment

Have you done any electrical checks of the cahrging system? Taken any voltage measurents?
          http://webpages.charter.net/ddvrnr/GS850_1100_Emblems.jpg
          Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

https://imgur.com/YTMtgq4

Comment

Working...
          X