Increasing rpm in 1st GEAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Increasing rpm in 1st GEAR

1980 gs850g after riding for awhile my rpm increases to about 4-5k when I'am stopped with bike in 1st gear, clutch disengaged I'll adjust the idle screw everytime I stop but rpm keeps climbing up. I'am using individual pods and 4 into 1 exhaust w/o baffles. WHERE SHUULD I LOOK TO FIX THIS PROBLEM? do I need to sync my carbs?

FIrst make sure the throdle cables are adjusted with the proper play & the choke cable. Check the intake boots for leaks Replace the O rings if they have not been replaced

Comment

Most likely the manifold o-rings.
      As Lynn said, check the cables first. Also the manifold clamps. If you replace the o-rings, apply some hi-temp' bearing grease to them and torque to about 6 ft/lb.
      To test for intake leak(s), warm up the bike first. Spray a fine mist of water on the manifold boots and listen for the rpm's to drop a moment.
      This test doesn't always expose the leak because it can be hard to get the mist to completely reach every part of the manifolds.
      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

INCREASING RPM

I think that I've found the problem earlier in the day I had installed new after market hand grips, the trottle grip snapped back when first installed ,today I noticed that it slowly rolled back, Cable has a slight kink at the trottle and I have broken plastic under the grip (it was there before), I'll smooth out the kink trim some of the broken plastic and lude under the grip.

Comment

Working...
        X