Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What repair series would you like to see?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any chance we could have a seperate heading on the 'index' to cover this series of articles ? would be easier to access. i keep forgetting which section it is in. thanks, h.g.

Comment

Here is my contribution to the repair series:

Currently bikeless
      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Jethro --

Nice!

I grabbed the text and images, and I'll add it to the collection sometime tomorrow.

I'm going to be reshaping and re-covering my seat sometime this winter. Any words of advice for those of us jumping in at the deep end with gluing and reshaping foam? Maybe I should just talk to an upholstery shop once I get the foam built up and shaped...

Thanks!

1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

I'm going to be reshaping and re-covering my seat sometime this winter. Any words of advice for those of us jumping in at the deep end with gluing and reshaping foam? Maybe I should just talk to an upholstery shop once I get the foam built up and shaped...
          Are you going to make your own cover from scratch? I really don't think any of it would be that hard if you can sew. When I did my first cover with the bar-b-que caover fabric, I simply folded the fabric over at the corners. If I had taken the time to sew in the shape, it would have come out great. Reshaping foam has to be pretty easy, use a bread knife. What really would be nice would be a hot knife- we use 'em at work to do stucco work with foam mouldings, cornices and such.

If you are making your own seat shape from scratch, you have got to document that for us.
          Currently bikeless
          '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
          '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Working...
          X