vetter fairing from honda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vetter fairing from honda

I have a 1977 Gs750. I am looking at a vetter fairing on ebay that is off of an older (82ish) Honda CB750. Will the fairing fit the GS, will the mounting hardware work or will I have challenges securing it?

RG

I think the mounting harware may be specific for your frame layout. I would be hesitent to buy a the Vetter unless you can get the correct mounts. Unless someone can verify the farmes are the same layout and measurement on the Hon/Suz. The mounting points are down maybe
    4"-5" from the triple tree. But as I am away from my bike at the moment, that is just a guess from my memory, which at times is questionable!
    Charlie

Comment

IF you can get it cheep go ahead, you can get the mounts on ebay. It may take a while to find one tho

Comment

I suspect, though not absolutely sure, that any Vetter fairing mount for a GS850G, GS1000G, or GS1100G will also fit a GS750. If I'm wrong on this, please let us all know.

Nick

Comment

Check this place out for info. I think he knows quite a bit about vetter fairings.

Craig Vetter, Vetter, motorcycle design, Triumph Hurricane, Vetter Hurricane, Windjammer, Windjammer parts, Vetter fairings, Vetter fairing, Vetter history, fairings, Triumph Rocket 3, Mystery Ship, mysteryship, Terraplane, motor scooter design, industrial design, Triumph Bonneville TT, fuel economy contest, designer, inventor, lecturer, flying machine contest, high mileage contest, Quicksilver fairing, snap-vents

Comment

Thanks for all of the help. I have plenty of information to make decisions with.

Thank you,

RG

Comment

Mine is in the GARBAGE.

I put the vetter and brackets from my CB750 in the trash with the other non original junk it accumulated over the last 35 yrs.

They looked like simple pieces of angle iron. You could probably make your own or fit the CB ones to your GS with a little work.

Comment

I believe you should take Nick's advice. Almost any Vetter fairing can be adapted to fit your biks, and the mount, which is often seen on E-bay, can be made if necessary. I have not done it, but my "G" model came to me with a home-made fairing mount that is still there.

If you are mounting lowers as well, be prepared to make some "adjustments" to get them to fit. I bought lowers from a Kawasaki owner, and did some pretty serious grinding to get them to fit the "G".
                Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

Working...
                X