Clutch compatability between 81 and 83 1100E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch compatability between 81 and 83 1100E

Does anyone know if the clutch assemblies between these two bikes are the same? At the very least the plates and disks?
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

no one?
    Currently bikeless
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro
      no one?
      Have you looked on bikebandit ? It may shed some light.

Comment

I believe tht the 81 through 83 E engines are all the model gs1100x and would be interchangable. The model number is stamped on the block directly behind the lever that is connected to the clutch cable end. I think hat checking bike bandit for part numbers is the smart move though.

Comment

Yeah, I tried BikeBandit, but got a little confused. I decided to cross reference 4 parts to check compatability- driven gear, hub, plate and fiber disk. All parts cross referenced the same except the fiber disks. Do you think I am safe to use my new clutch in the 81 for the 83?
          Currently bikeless

Comment

they mostly have a 9 disk setup. call one of the 800 numbers for star racing or the like and ask them. Those folks are suzuki 1100 experts. I cant believe that someone on this site isnt sure of the answer to this. i am fairly positive that the 82 ans 83 1100e clutches interchange.

Right HAP????

Comment

That shouldn't be a problem. Hell I'm running an 1150 inner hub with a billet 1100 basket.

Comment

I cant believe that someone on this site isnt sure of the answer to this.
                I know, huh?

Hap....where are you....
                Currently bikeless

Comment

Originally posted by rosco15
                  That shouldn't be a problem. Hell I'm running an 1150 inner hub with a billet 1100 basket.
                  in what year and model Ryan. I have an 1150 hub in my 83 1100e

Comment

1980 gs1100 LT. Basically the same motor as the gs1100e. My topend right now is from a 1982 gs1100e. It's a big mish mosh of parts.

Comment

Working...
                    X