GS750T oil capacity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS750T oil capacity

I bought a 1983 GS750T at the beginning of the summer. And need to know the oil capacity for it I recently repaired the clutch cover due to leaking. When I took the cover off I couldn't drain oil there was very little in it. Any help will be appriciated. I was also wondering if there was anyway to fix the dent in the tank? To view the tank dent please follow the link.http://www.geocities.com/lriley123073/motorcycle.html
    Thank You in advance,
    Larry Riley

RIDE LONG, and RIDE HARD

the oil capacity will be cast into the case close to the filler cap, this will get you close, to get the correct level put the bike on the center stand and adjust the level till it is in the middle/ toward the top of the sight glass, there should be little bumps, two on each side of the sight glass, these show you the recommended level of the oil. (between the marks)

Comment

oil capacity

Thanx for help got the bike back on the road today. I am also looking to replace the tank or repair dent
      Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Any advice on how to fix or where to find a tank?
      Thank you in advance.

Larry

Comment

Humm, thats one big dent.
        That being said, it may be easier then a small one.

If it were mine and i was going to repaint I might try air.(tank is in good shape other wise? no rust, pin holes, weak spots)

Cap off filler with air tight cap and put an air fitting in bung.
        Pump maybe 15-20lbs in there and heat up the dent. Working your way from the outside in...

Maybe you should make sure there are
        [b]NO SIGN OF FUEL OR FUEL VAPERS BEFORE ATTEMPING this.

I can also fix it with a drll bit some screws a welder and some filler BUT that would be my second or third choise.

"Don't pay attention to the man behind the curtain"
        Rico

Comment

Working...
        X