No announcement yet.

rpm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you might also see if there is ahose supposed to go to the breather box.

there should be 2 air tubes that just dangle by the rear foot peg (but inbetween the frame)

Comment

I have an '85 GS450L. On my bike, the hose you are talking about that comes off the petcock goes to the right side carb. The hole it attaches to is toward the middle of the bike (as opposed to exposed to the outside) on top. I very well may be wrong, but my guess is that without that hose attached, the vacuum is not right and it's not getting the proper amount of gas.

Comment

One the GS1000 (78), the smaller of the two hoses from the fuel petcock attaches to the #3 carb.( engine side, upper left)
        Also note; if your number 3 cylinder ever runs cold. If your engine is missing, or you notice the smell of unburned fuel at the tail pipe. Check the diaphram in the petcock first. (spray water on the hot header pipes to find out if #3 is cold.)
        The #3 cylinder will pull fuel straight though a leaking diaphram and will be to rich to burn.
        Good luck.

Comment

rpm

yeh, it worked again, I have a good running bike. So far I think that rpm drop was the cause of fuel starvation, I think without the vacum the to the fuelcock, the carbs were not getting enough gas, specially under load, ( I hope I will be able to ride this bike this fall) thank you all again for coming through with your suport. until next headach

ard

Comment

Sounds like you got it right, small hose from petcock to #3 carb, large hose is fuel to carbs, & the others from the tank are vents & a drain line from the fuel sending unit, if the unit leaks the fuel will go thru the hose & out under the bike instead of on top of the engine

Comment

Working...
            X