Too good to be true....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too good to be true....

I have seen Electrex R/Rs listed all over the place for over $100. Then I came across this. I was dumb enough to be suckered in by the low price and now they are telling me that's on backorder. Should I cancel my order and go somewhere else? Where else can I find these for a good deal?

Make sure you have a printed copy of the receipt. They should continue to honor it even if it is a misprint on the website. I would call and ask when they expect them in and pester them until it ships. Even if you have to buy another one, wait until this one comes in and sell it for double or more over what you paid for it on ebay! It'll take a while to pay off, but at that price, you could do no wrong if you usually see them for over $100. I think mine was $120

Comment

R/R

they are saying its on backorder to get out of having to sell it to you at the miss printed ad price

Comment

If it were me, I would keep my money on the table. They should honor the price and deliver the goods. Bike Bandit is a reputable vendor so I wouldn't worry very much.

I don't think they are saying it's on back order to keep from selling it for the low price. If they knew the price were wrong, they would have corrected the price on their web site. It could be that it really is out of stock. I ordered an R&R unit directly from Electrex last spring, and it was on back order then too.

Sometimes, a low price means that the product is being dumped due to a malfunction or some other problem. I'd be wary of that.

Comment

I bet it's legit. Bike Bandit has a good reputation. They may be out of stock because it is such a good price.

Hap

Comment

Last time I needed one, all the aftermarket companies needed to backorder. Called Electrex and they had over 300 in stock. 8O

Comment

Electrex having 300 in stock doesn't mean they are selling them to the distributors. The may be creating an artificial shortage to try to drive up the price. Bike Bandit is very reputable. I've had a few things I ordered through them on back order. I've been lucky enough to get the stuff within 3 -4 weeks of the original order date. If you've already ordered the part and they sent you an invoice. That means as soon as they get one in it'll go in the mail to you.

Comment

$28 8O has to be a misprint... (you can't even get a used one at the junkyard for that price) Let us know if that price is legit, if so, I am going to complain to electrex as I just paid $120 for one

Comment

Here's the e-mail I just received:

Order #: *******

Order Date/Time: 9/25/2004 10:06:19 AM

------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Row Quantity Part Description Price Status
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------
                  1 1 2865560-6004 Electrex USA... $28.76 Back Ordered

Hello Joseph,

The manufacturer has placed the item(s) above on backorder. This means that the item(s) is currently not in stock at any of the manufacturer's North American warehouses. Unfortunately, the manufacturer has not given us an ETA for the item(s).

BikeBandit.com will ship any items in stock then ship the backordered items when they become available.

Your credit card will not be charged for any item not shipped to you. If BikeBandit.com does not receive the item after 20 business days, the item will be automatically canceled and all remaining items will be shipped to you.

Please include a copy of this message with your reply.

You can always check the real-time status of any BikeBandit.com order by logging on to BikeBandit.com and selecting "View Order History" from directly under your name. This is the fastest/easiest way to get an update on the status of your order!"

IMPORTANT NOTICE
                  Please open and inspect your shipment immediately upon arrival. Verify that all parts are received and in undamaged condition. Check the container thoroughly to avoid throwing away parts that may be wrapped in packing materials. You can view/print a detailed invoice for your order by logging on to www.BikeBandit.com and selecting ?Order History? (shown directly under your name after logging in). BikeBandit.com must be notified within 48 hours of delivery of any missing parts!

DO NOT disassemble your vehicle or render it inoperative until you have verified that the enclosed products are correct and complete. If any parts are missing please contact our customer service department at
                  service@bikebandit.com.

Damaged Parts - If you receive a part damaged in shipping, please contact BikeBandit.com customer service at service@bikebandit.com and we will be happy to help you.

Returns - Returns to BikeBandit.com are easy. Please go to www.BikeBandit.com and see our Return Policy in the Help Pages. In most cases, you have up to 15 days from the date of delivery as shown on the USPS or FedEx tracking system to return merchandise to us.
                  I can't wait too long to get the part because I want to get my bike running. When I get my paycheck Friday, I may cancel my order and just get it from somewhere else...

Comment

In the email they state that they will not charge your card until the part ships. I wouldn't cancel the order until you are absolutely sure you've found one somewhere else and it is on the way.

Comment

Agreed, bike bandit is reputable. I have bought many things thru them for my rebuild, unforunately for me though, they usually take longer than I want. Stick it out at that price you can't go wrong. I bought a new one only a couple of months ago for like $120.

Comment

That's why I would order a new one from somewhere else and wait until the one from BikeBandit comes in, then sell it. You'll be passing up a great opportunity to make some extra money if you cancel that order and they do in fact ship you the R/R at that price. Matter of fact, I may put one on order myself and see what happens.

Comment

I ordered one from Electrex the other day for $130. Got an e-mail today that said that they won't have them in stock for at least another month. What should I do now?! :?

Comment

I'm sure the Electrex item is first rate, but back in 1998, before I started looking at this site, I had a 1979 GS1000 with a dead regulator, so I went to my favourite bike wrecker here in Melbourne, Australia, and he sold me a R/R off a Suzuki trail bike (can't remember which model, but it was a mid-1980's two stroke I think) and actually drew me a wiring diagram on the back of the cash register receipt, and charged me 20 bucks. (Australian dollars, was then about 60 cents US)

I took it home, fitted it, and it worked fine until I sold the bike (boo hoo) to Paul in Stourbridge, England. For all I know it's still working fine. Cheers, Terry. :twisted:

Comment

That's a sweet deal, if it goes through.

As it's made for the 1983-1986 GS550, does anyone know if I might be able to modify it to fit a 1980 GS550? From the picture on the Electrex site, it looks like the only difference is the connectors, although you can't tell much about the actual circuitry.

--Tyler

Comment

Working...
                              X