Self Canceling Turn Signal Control Module - 1979 GS850

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Self Canceling Turn Signal Control Module - 1979 GS850

This is a great site. Again I'm hoping to draw on the experience here.

Does anyone know of a source for replacement modules, either used OEM or aftermarket? My Suzuki dealer quoted me $500+ for the replacement and at that wasn't even sure if it was discontinued or not.

How about a work around...I do not care if the self cancel feature works automatically.

Do other models have the same module and is there a cross reference?

Thanks.

Thats alot of money. Try checking http://www.bikebandit.com

Comment

I just checked. The switch assembly for my bike is $104.89.

Comment

Try checking E-bay. Search on "suzuki gs". I have seen what you are looking for there in the past.

Comment

Turn Signal Control

Thanks for the tips. I checked Bike Bandit...great site but they do not have a listing for 79 gs850? I found the comparable part I need for the 80 GS850...and it was like $200. It is not the handle bar switch but the control unit that is under the right side cover.

If i knew a 1980 unit would work, i'd order it today.

Checked E-bay first...my wife is a big E-bay seller...nothing at this time, but one could come up tomorrow.

Thanks again gentlemen.

I'll keep looking, I'm dying to go for a ride though.

Comment

I Have a 79GS850 too so i know what you are talking about 1980 module is different. I bought one on ebay it was bad too. best thing to do is rewire it and eliminate the module on the 4 pin harness plug connect the two Black wires together and connect the two green wires together. Connect a flasher from the center pin of the turn signal switch to the orange wire that you disconnected from the switch Use the orange wire to pull the new piece of wire thru the wire loom and route it to the headlite. Turn signals will now work if you hold the button. to complete this mod if wanted. it will be necessary to change the handlebar switch to one that has detent position for turn signals I used one from 79gs750??? not sure bought it on ebay. It was necessary to change the wiring from the old switch to the new switch for everything to work

Comment

Something else you can do is go back to Bike Bandit and write down the part number you need. The check not only the 850's but the 750 and the 1000 and 1100 as well. Suzuki as well as other motorcycle and car makers will make something that will fit several different models and change them around over the years just to confuse us back yard mechanics.

Comment

The module is specific to 78?-79 years not all models?? 1980 up circuitry was comlpetely changed.

Comment

I have had a problem with the self cancelling unit on my GS 1150 E 1984 and I disconnected the electrical connector to the self cancelling unit.

After I disconnected this connector, the turn signals worked as they should but without self cancelling.

Comment

ON the older style 78-79 It has two plugs if you do not connect the black to black and the green to green of the 4 wire plug together the rear signals will not work. You can't just unplug it. modification is very simple

Comment

Working...
                    X