Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to know ..

Hello ,

I've recently had a new back tire put on, and some other things tuned up *new front wheel bearings, etc.*

And i noticed a new sound/feeling that happens when in 1st gear. When I am coming to a stop, and ease off the throttle, Its like I can hear something gently grinding together as teh bike comes to a complete stop. I'm waiting for a new valve-cover gasket, and theres a temporary gasket with sealant (NOT recommended in clymers) and wonder if that is the problem.

Does not happen in any other gear. (or at least not bad enough to notice)

Tanks

grind

Well if it started after the work was done then I would go back over what was done, check chain adjust, tire straight in the swing arm,brake parts mounted right, front- retrack the caliper then with bike on center stand and front wheel off the ground spin the wheel and check it for smoothness and see if its mounted right, as well as the caliper and rotor, go over every thing, REALLY CHECK THE BRAKE PADS AND THERE SHIMS AS WELL AS THE ROTORS, or take it back to who did the work and make them go good on it.

Comment

They have the chain adjusted too tight! Make sure to put chain lube on it

Comment

did I mention its shaft drive? unless your talking cam-chain, which clymers states is automatically adjusted "and should NEVER be touched"

Comment

See thats what happens when you are tired but your post doesn't say your bike model

Comment

My 1150 makes a fair bit of gear noise when I shift to first before stopping, so I dont do that anymore.
            Dink

Comment

Working...
            X