No announcement yet.

Thats weak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know at some point in almost all the discussions on this sight someone switches to criticism and snide remarks. It?s a pity that there is so much good here being ruined by a few hateful, condescending troublemakers.

Comment

brakes

Nert good replie, it may be an internal hose problem, smaller piston is more pressure at the caliper, psi, is pounds per Sq. inch but it is applyed pressure at the master.i.e. 50 lbs of foot pressure at the pedal on a 2 inch piston is 25 pounds per sq. inch, now cut the piston size down to 1 inch, you still have the the 50lbs. of applied pressure but now its being applied to 1 inch, so now you have 50 lbs. per sq. inch witch is greater.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Hobbit
        You know at some point in almost all the discussions on this sight someone switches to criticism and snide remarks. It?s a pity that there is so much good here being ruined by a few hateful, condescending troublemakers.
        Sorry Leon! I didn't really mean to call you a lunatic. I'm so embarassed, my apologies.
        '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/
        https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4306/35860327946_08fdd555ac_z.jpg

Comment

Gees-s-is
          YES! you are correct. In my haste i errored. A smaller piston will give you more pressure. However greater pedal (piston travel) stroke is required to move the same volume of fluid to move the caliper piston the same distance as the larger master cylinder piston. Substituting a larger caliper piston could give the same increase clamping force too. I believe, that there is problem with your bike, and that once the problem is solved braking will be adequate. I do not think modifing the exisitng brake system is the best solution.
          good luck
          nert

Comment

Working...
          X