No announcement yet.

STRANDED on the side of the road!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, all the lights are turned off, and still nothing. Does anyone think it could be the starter relay?

Thanks.

Comment

Woooo Whooo!!!!!! I got it running, it was just a bad wiring connection somewhere. I didnt have to buy any parts or recharge my battery or anything. Looks like I will get that last couple of weeks of riding in before it gets too cold.

Thanks for all your help guys.

Jamie

Comment

What's this cold stuff that people keep talking about? My buddies tell me that winter is the best time to ride.

Terry

Comment

Hi Terry, winter in Canada is a little different than winter in Texas!
          I have been to Dallas in the winter time, and I would ride my bike there all year, no problem, but out here it's the three feet of snow that would make it hard to navigate corners, travel in a straight line, etc. Sometimes we can barely make it anywhere in a vehicle with four wheels! The earliest I can remember it snowing here is Oct 20. So yeah I am looking forward to getting in a couple more weeks of riding before it gets too cold! :P

Comment

I've been to Canada in the winter too. Had to tease you guys a little. Of course, those few beers I had right before I wrote that post make me a little cocky too. Hope I didn't offend anyone. My buddies that have been riding for a long time tell me that winter is the best time to ride here. I'm looking forward to it.

Terry

Comment

No Problem, no offence taken.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNose
                I've been to Canada in the winter too. Had to tease you guys a little. Of course, those few beers I had right before I wrote that post make me a little cocky too. Hope I didn't offend anyone. My buddies that have been riding for a long time tell me that winter is the best time to ride here. I'm looking forward to it.

Terry
                I went to Quebec in january once and spent most of my bankroll upgrading what i thougt were winter clothes for the 4 of us. I was living in new york at the time and I THOUGHT i understood what cold weather was. HO HO HO

Comment

Up here where I live in Western Canada (Kelowna, B.C.) it rarely gets warm enought for our igloos to melt, but sometimes it is warm enough that all the Moose take off, and we have nothing to eat except whale blubber and smoked salmon, the trading post only gets supplies every twice a year and the red coated mounties only ride into town on thier horses every 2 months, eh. And it gets really cold, I am not exagerating when I say that just a little while ago it was -40 Celsius, it held that temperature for two solid weeks, and that was our summer! I am not looking forward to winter, eh!

Comment

Originally posted by GSJamie
                    Up here where I live in Western Canada (Kelowna, B.C.) it rarely gets warm enought for our igloos to melt, but sometimes it is warm enough that all the Moose take off, and we have nothing to eat except whale blubber and smoked salmon, the trading post only gets supplies every twice a year and the red coated mounties only ride into town on thier horses every 2 months, eh. And it gets really cold, I am not exagerating when I say that just a little while ago it was -40 Celsius, it held that temperature for two solid weeks, and that was our summer! I am not looking forward to winter, eh!
                    That was a line that would rival any line of bull

Comment

Originally posted by SLOWPOKE
                      Originally posted by GSJamie
                      That was a line that would rival any line of bull
                      GSJamie, You sure you're not from Texas?

Terry

Comment

thank god i live in the bayou

Comment

I learned a very valuable lesson from my bike. I was sitting at a stop lite and all of a sudden my bike died. I hit the starter and nothing. I tried bump-starting it, nothing. So I walked down to my fathers machine shop, borrowed the truck to jump it, nothing. So very honked off at the bike I loaded it and hauled it home. Put the battery on the charger. Got up the next morning and she fired up and was at the same lite and wham-o. same thing again. I learned that a bike doesn't run off of the stator/alternator. it runs off of the battery. all the stator does it charge the battery. i ended up having a dead cell in the battery. the battery would hold enuf charge to crank the starter twice, then it was dead. didnt have enuf juice to fire the coils. so that battery might hold some charge to fool you but not enuf to fool the bike. make sure that battery is in good shape. testing voltage on it doesnt do the trick. it has to be able to hold the amperage in it too. we all feel your pain. hang in there. it makes it worth all the frustration the first time you go back out on her and take a bug off the bridge of your nose.

Comment

Working...
                          X