Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NO turn signals HELP!!!!!!

Ok here is the deal!

Driving to work this morning, put on my turn signal to enter highway. OH *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$!! NO TURN SIGNALS.

Pull over to side of road, check head light (GOOD), check Tail light (GOOD), Try left and right turn signal (BAD).

Checked fuses(all GOOD)

Checked connections under seat (all GOOD)

I'm at work, I have access to limited troubleshooting equipment.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!

Need more info. No turn signals meaning no blinking or no light whatsoever? Is there any click noise you can hear when you flick them on, etc?

Comment

If Lemoore is not very populated or rural, who needs turn signals.

I could use them when I'm in downtown Seattle, but otherwise not having them hasn't been a problem.
      GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

no lights at all!!
        no noise at all!!

Comment

I had the same problem with my 700es, I had to replace the blinker regulator, one way to check is to unplug the regulator and jump two of the terminals on the wire harness. if they start working (they won't be blinking though) then you'll need to replace the regulator. be prepared though, if you jump the wrong terminals, you'll blow a fuse, sorry I can't tell you which terminals they are for your bike

Comment

check the wires that run directly from the signal lights, and make sure they are connected well (not jiggly at all). maybe that helps?

Comment

I hate to sound like Mr Obvious here but I just thought these might give you some other things to check also.

1. The bulbs themselves. (I know its rare for all of them to blow out but it has been known to happen)
              2. The point at which the Wiring Connects to the wiring harness.

If it appears to be none of those or the aforementioned problems then it will probably need to go to a shop.

I know that if your blinkers fail hand singnals are okay to use as a temporary solution. Police should not give you a problem.

Quick refesher on hand signals:
              Left Turn - Left arm straight out
              Right Turn - Left arm bent upwards
              Slow or Stop - Left arm angled downwards at 45.

Comment

If you are still in need of info on turn signals, let us know.
                I can tell you what the schematic and troubleshooting quide in my 1980 GS850 Suzuki factory manaul has to say about turnsignals (assuming they are the same as your bike).
                It has test for:
                - The turn signal switch.
                - The turn signal module.
                - The turn signal flasher.
                Your problem of "no trunsignal lights at all" sounds more like a problem with switch or its wiring, or the module or its ground.
                http://webpages.charter.net/ddvrnr/GS850_1100_Emblems.jpg
                Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

https://imgur.com/YTMtgq4

Comment

Working...
                X