Stupid question about turn signals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid question about turn signals

I really already know the answer to this, but shouldn't my turn signals act as running lights as well? As in shouldn't they be lit up all the time and then flash brighter when the directional is applied?

Cause they aren't.
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Well, mine do on my 82 1100E.

Perhaps you don't have the correct bulbs in place?

Mark

Comment

Some do, some don't, can't keep them straight. My 82 LTD does in the front but not the back. A friends 82 GS1100 does front and back. Another friends GS650 only does front I believe? My 78 GS1000 doesn't do it at all. I can't keep them straight. :?

Comment

Depends on the type of bulb. My 82 1100 has running lights in front and just signals in back. Take the lens off. If there's two filaments, then it should have running lights.
        1982 GS1100GLZ Sold but still loved
        2008 Bandit 1250 Crashed (cager on a cell phone)
        2008 Bandit 1250 #2

Comment

Well...

I think I'd leave well enough alone....these poor, old GS's have enough electrical challenges as it is! :roll: :roll:
          1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

My 850G front is turn signal and running light. But you need to realize that it is really two filimants in there, sort of like two light bulbs in one, not one bulb that is dim and brighter.
            Rear is only one filimant.
            http://webpages.charter.net/ddvrnr/GS850_1100_Emblems.jpg
            Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

https://imgur.com/YTMtgq4

Comment

Working...
            X