Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

83 850 GS - Swapping signal light controls with other bike?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

83 850 GS - Swapping signal light controls with other bike?

Hi I have a 83 GS and I heard I can "upgrade" to "press to release" type of signal light controls from a GSXR

Any idea which year / model of GSXR I can look for? Basically I looked at the connector and is a 3x3 connector that looks like this

Black Light Blue Light Green
    Black/gray Yellow White
    Green Light green Brown/green

I'd really like this mod to be plug and play so any help appreciated

I recall my 83 being "press to release" but my memory isn't as good as it used to be.

My 79 absolutely IS press to release. But perhaps your model may have different controls than I recall.

Comment

It will not be plug & Play as you will not have any of the speed sensors or any of the other items. Try this- http://www.kisantech.com/kisanWeb3/signalMinder.htm

Comment

Thanks for the link. Truth of the matter is that the switch is kinda busted out and wanted to replace it with something a little better

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1
        It will not be plug & Play as you will not have any of the speed sensors or any of the other items. Try this- http://www.kisantech.com/kisanWeb3/signalMinder.htm

Comment

Do you think the 79's and 83 have the same type of connector?

Originally posted by BillC
          I recall my 83 being "press to release" but my memory isn't as good as it used to be.

My 79 absolutely IS press to release. But perhaps your model may have different controls than I recall.

Comment

Dunno, I don't recall what the connectors were, sorry....

Comment

Went back and checked, Bike Bandit shows a control module for your bike. So You should be able to make The later Bandit control work the older 79 has a large plug for the light sw,horn, turn signals

Comment

Working...
              X