Carb help-2 black,2 white...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still more questions

As a blundering idiot when it comes to carbs (rebuild and tuning) but am more than willing to jump in and learn as I go, what are the advantages/disadvantages of the mercury gauge at $40.00 and the dial gauge at $55.00 as found at Cycle-Re-Cycle?

Comment

Re: Still more questions

The mercury guage does not require calibration, and is much easier to read accurately. But they do have a small mercury supply that could be dangerous if within reach of small children or pets. The dial guages do not use mercury and are more compact.

My preference is the mercury guage because it is foolproof, needs no calibration and is easier to read.

I think the best guage set is a Morgan Carbtune, but it is about 4x the cost and only available from Sean Morgan in England.

Earl

Originally posted by UTgws
      As a blundering idiot when it comes to carbs (rebuild and tuning) but am more than willing to jump in and learn as I go, what are the advantages/disadvantages of the mercury gauge at $40.00 and the dial gauge at $55.00 as found at Cycle-Re-Cycle?
      Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor
        My preference is the mercury guage because it is foolproof, needs no calibration and is easier to read.
        Now foolproof is someting I need!

Thanks

82 GS 1100 GL

Comment

:-) :-) Just a note. When it comes, the small white restrictors you get with it are to be inserted into the ends of the tubes that will be connected to the guage.

Earl

Originally posted by UTgws
          Originally posted by earlfor
          Now foolproof is someting I need!

Thanks

82 GS 1100 GL
          Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

If you are looking for a Morgan Carbtune II, try EBAY, that is where i got mine. :twisted:

Comment

Working...
            X