New Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Tires

I need new tires for a 82 GS450TX and the front tire size is 90/90-19, but I can't seem to find any internet sites selling this size. The closest I found was 100/90-19 ,but thats not the size that is on the bike. Whats up with this unheard of size?! Does this size convert to some other #?

Anyone know of a good place to buy tires from? I'm not looking for high dollar tires just some that are round if ya get where I'm comming from.

I usually don't advise going to different sized tires unless I've seen it for my self, but you may not have much choice. The 100/90-19 is only 10mm wider but you'll have to see for your self if it's got the clearance. I don't think fitting to the rim will be a problem. If you do decide to try one, go to www.denniskirk.com . I've never had a problem with them. Tire choices are getting a little slim for all of us these days. Good Luck.

Comment

Well whad'ya know, I found the correct size tire you're looking for. Dennis Kirk has a Dunlop Harley Davidson series in size 90/90-19 for $104.99. It just has "Harley Davidson" molded on the side wall. Hope this helped.

Comment

Alright thanks! that rocks I don't care what it says as long as its round and rolls. I wish it was a bit cheaper though

Comment

I just went to dennis kirk i have ordered stuff from them too. I was very happy with them simply cause they haven't screwed up my order and shipped it promptly. Didn't steal my card # either haha!

I found one for 56 bucks now from maxis thanks yall for pointing me toward the harley section thats where they are all at.

Comment

my 3.25" tire is 89 mm wide so you could search for that size.

Comment

I found the front tire but now I'm looking for the rear tire.
              It is 110/90-17 I have found lots of 110/80-17 would that work well or would it screw up the ride or somthing like that.

I have looked at dennis kirk don't seem to see it

This bike is such a pain to find tires for or maybe its just my luck...

Comment

My stock rear was a 110 but wanted the biggest I could fit ended up with a 130 Bridgestone Spitfire might want to look into it ........but ALL tires fit a little different so be carefull might want to hit a local bike shop and they can tell you what you can fit between your swing arm

Comment

I finally went with the Cheng Shin Aquatread. I am the only one who seems to be calling it the aquatread. I found them at

Good luck

Comment

Selection selection!!

I wound up selecting some Michelin "Macadams" as they seemed to be the only make with a new pattern (and probably a new compound) in several years. There was all the old standbys Dunlop 591s', Metzler lazer/99As', Spitfires, (etc) but most of those are at least ten years old!This one is a new bias-ply in all the "old" sizes which fit my 1150, and alot of the other GS's
                    Rick........

Comment

It' too bad these tires are so hard to find I really like the bike, but I hope I never get a flat or something I had to call about 20 bike shops and countless web searching. I finally found the tires though and even though they are totally diffent brands for front and back I just don't really care. I found the rear 110/90-17 for 23 bucks!

Thanks for all of the help I got here.

Comment

tires

I buy my tires from JC WHITNEY or DENNIS KIRK! Dennis kirk has a better selection,but generally cost a little more than JC whitney. Then again JC whitney gets you on shipping charges unless you buy $100 or so of their stuff & they send the wrong stuff half the time. Then you return the stuff @ your expence & they insult you buy giving you 1/4 what you paid to return it! But they charged you more than enough up front to pay for shipping both ways. Hope this helps!

Comment

Re: Selection selection!!

Originally posted by Richard Ellis
                          I wound up selecting some Michelin "Macadams" as they seemed to be the only make with a new pattern (and probably a new compound) in several years. There was all the old standbys Dunlop 591s', Metzler lazer/99As', Spitfires, (etc) but most of those are at least ten years old!This one is a new bias-ply in all the "old" sizes which fit my 1150, and alot of the other GS's
                          Rick........

Great tire.........I have it as well............I went with the 130 V-Rated......It also is the same tire that goes on the new GSXR's

Comment

check em out

I found the best tire prices at Motorcycle Accessory Warehouse and Ron Myers Motorsports; both have good websites. My bike calls for 90-90/19 on the front but I'm running 100-90/19's with no problem. By the way, there are quite a few 90-90/19's available if you check the various websites.
                            1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

Working...
                            X