Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anybody know a K&N part no for my GS650G??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anybody know a K&N part no for my GS650G??

I think it's time to replace this nasty ol thing, but I can't seem to find a proper number for my exact replacement, anybody have to find this one???

thanks!

Dennis Kirk. If we're talking air filter.
    UNI has a stock replacement filter p/n 30-3080 13.99
    I don't see one listed for K&N.
    1982 GS1100GLZ Sold but still loved
    2008 Bandit 1250 Crashed (cager on a cell phone)
    2008 Bandit 1250 #2

Comment

d'oh. yes air filter, sorry!

think there's a tapered one that would fit the oval opening on the second airbox (the one to four attached to the carb?)

and don't nobody be posting that pic of scotty's new air filter/seat cushion!! :P

Comment

Hmm. If you have the guts... my 650G got a MASSIVE improvement in power by pod filtering and the appropriate carb ajustments. I suspect even more if I bothered with a 4 into 1 pipe.

But pods and carb adjustments are a cheap way to get lotsa power out of that bike. I can ride 2-up at high altitudes and uphill without any problems. And me and my wife are far from lightweights... total load weight of 450lbs with the saddlebags filled for a weekend away.

Comment

I've thought about it, but I think I want to avoid the syncing and jetting issues. as it is, my bike smells like it runs rich but the plugs look good, a nice grey white ash and mostly clean. I doubt that I'm getting all the spark I could to them, but that's for another post.

right now I'm running with the bottom clip off the airbox, which I know is bad, but I can really feel it strangle the engine and power when I use both clips. my middle ground would be to use one big pod in place of the airbox/filter, but leave the one into four part to retain the sync as it is...?

thanks tho, I'll just have to see what comes my way first!

Comment

Kand N

the only one that my K&N book lists is for the gs650E 81-82 #30-378 about $50 bucks

Comment

yeah, that's all I saw too... drat.

Comment

Working...
              X