Bought a new R/R & havin wire up problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought a new R/R & havin wire up problems

HI, I bought the R/R from Electrex, Came with a 5 wire hookup. 3 yellow, 1 red & 1 black. Trouble is the original one has a 6 wire connection. I figured out the 3 comin from the stator, I'm guesing the red goes to red & the black goes to the frame for ground. Trouble is I have a white with a red tracer & a white with a green tracer. where do they go? I was sent at model RR09 & was told was for the bike. Thank You for any help, Dave

Well I got an answer from them-> dang time zones. Lol. I wanted to post the answer. The 3 wires from the stator go to yellow-> all 3. The red goes to red, the black goes to chassie-> frame ground & the white with red & white with green tracer are left isolated & taped up-> told European models only. Whew, didn't want to fry my new part, Dave

Comment

Thanks for the info. You may have saved someone some trouble.
      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Well more problems. Never trust the kid to follow directions, Before I bought the R/R I downloaded the how to check the system, printed it out. Gave my son my ohm meter & asked him to follow the directions & if he found out something was wrong as I was going to work. He tells me is ok. Seems the stator isn't putting out 70AC volts on check & have a 1.7 ground reading to the engine case. Nuts. I was reading on how to rewire it & thinking about it. Also was reading about a Honda stator, but don't know the one that works. I have a Honda 750 going to junk. Bike is a 82 GS650E Dave

Comment

Working...
        X