Little Trany Trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little Trany Trouble

I have a GS 650L and I have the hardest time getting it into neutral. I have to reach down with my hand to try and get it so that I can get out of 1st but not into 2nd. Even using my had is difficult and I have to try a lot to get it right. Also the clutch lever is really tight. It shifts through everything else just fine. Its been this way since I bought it but I need to fix this so that when I get it out on the road I can actually control it

I have the same problem with my GS450. I'm going to change the oil in it the next few days to see if that clears it up. Let us know if you get yours fixed.

Comment

If the clutch lever is tight? Check the clutch adjustment & cable, do you know the history of the clutch? Heavy duty barnett clutch plates- HD springs could contribute to the clutch not completely releasing,,, Making it hard to find neutral

Comment

Yeah, I put heavy duty springs in my clutch- what a mistake. It is a bear to get into neutral.
        Currently bikeless
        '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
        '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

i have no idea whats in there any way to find out

Also is there a separate tranny oil i could find one if it exists, but if its the same as the motor oil i already changed that

Comment

If you have a chain drive 650 the trans & engine oil is the same

Comment

Shaft Drive here... but i have also changed the oil in the ...(well the name of the thing escapes me now) thingy at the end of the shaft. Coastal 90W. I may have overfilled it cuz i did lean the bike to put it in, but i thought more oil cant hurt ...and it wouldn't be that much more

Comment

For the shaftie their is a 10mm bolt above the gear shifter shaft. That is an oil level Put it on the centerstand fill untill it dribbles out the bolt hole 80-90 wt gear oil. If you want to change the gear oil it is necessary to remove what would be refered to as the sprocket cover to access the drain bolt

Comment

Working...
                X