exsaust woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exsaust woes

I read somewhere that someone put a hyabusa exsaust on his gs 850.
    Does anyone know if that would work for my 83 1100e?

I believe that was the canister only, not the entire system. Your best bet for an exhaust is Vance & Hines, they still produce a very nice chrome megaphone system for the 1100. Mac still makes them as well, although they are not considered a very high performance unit. What is wrong with your existing system?

Mark

Comment

The mufflers baffle is obviously never been repacked, If it can. I'm not one for really loud machines, and unfortunatly this one is. It is a V/H, I would love to know how to repack or replace the muffler, the pipes are fine, blue but fine

Comment

There is really not much to repacking you exaust. I have a V/H header. I like a loud bike so I took the packing out of mine. I still have the padding left over. I would assume that you could pick up some padding anywhere but if knot let me know.

Comment

Thanks guys,
          stupid me my exsaust is a kerker. Any thoughts on that one? Sorry

Comment

If your pipe has a bolt, or 3 as my old kerker did, then you can just take them out, and pull out the baffle. With that out you can either buy the packing at a dealer, or just use some fiberglass insulation. The real stuff lasts a little longer, but if you have a roll of insulation just use that. I've also heard you can get stainless steel wool, and pack the baffle with that. The stainless steel would most likly be a permanent fix.

Comment

Luke,
              thanks, i have a bolt at the opening of the pipe. I guess thats what your talking about. I'll try it.

Matt

Comment

I always used ceramic glass insulation on my Yoshimura. It lasts a lot longer than fiberglass because f the density of it. Heat Treaters use it pretty extensively for wrapping odd shaped parts for heat treating. Look in your local phone book for people who do heat treating and ask them for either ceramic wool or Kaowool. They will probably let a piece of it go for real cheap or maybe even free.

Comment

Working...
                X