6 speed conversion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 speed conversion?

Any clues is there is 6 speed conversion kits out there?? This is for a 83 850 GS

Re: 6 speed conversion?

Originally posted by volks28
    Any clues is there is 6 speed conversion kits out there?? This is for a 83 850 GS
    It would sure be nice, wouldn't it?

The short answer is NO. So is the long answer.
    Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Comment

You mean a set of bicycle derailleurs off my ancient 10-speed won't work? 8O

Comment

yeah

Yeah, for sure! When I'm in 5th gear, I often times get the "urge" to shift again. 8)
        1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

Yeah, the 850 motor could use an extra gear.

Comment

THE ONLY possible thing you can do is some of the 83 GS1100GK models used a different gear ratio in the rear differential 2.91 vs 3.08 or something like that.
            The GS 1000/1100 is geared different with the beveled gears AND NO they are not interchangeable. On The GS 850 / 1000 the 1000s output shaft is longer so the 850 will not engage the gear splines.
            I do not know if the output shafts could be interchanged by splitting the cases

Comment

What about one for a 750?

Comment

Good suggestion Lynn!

I'll keep that in mind if ever my tranny blows up

Kinda like the pickup on gear #5 though!

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1
                THE ONLY possible thing you can do is some of the 83 GS1100GK models used a different gear ratio in the rear differential 2.91 vs 3.08 or something like that.
                The GS 1000/1100 is geared different with the beveled gears AND NO they are not interchangeable. On The GS 850 / 1000 the 1000s output shaft is longer so the 850 will not engage the gear splines.
                I do not know if the output shafts could be interchanged by splitting the cases

Comment

Originally posted by redneck73
                  What about one for a 750?
                  I'm afraid not. There are special transmissions out there you can put in your 750 but they are for drag racing and are really a pain in the arse on the street...I know, I have one. But even these special transmissions have 5 or less gears.

Hap

Comment

CHAINS RULE!!!

:twisted:

Comment

Working...
                    X