New GS1100G owner "it feels wierd"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New GS1100G owner "it feels wierd"

Hello all. I just bought a 1982 GS1100GL. I'm really enjoying it but I do have a question. I had been riding an 82 Honda VF750C Magna. At 55-60 mph the magna turned around 4000 rpms. At 55-60 on the GS it's around 3600 on the rpms but it feels "tighter" and it's not as smooth as the Magna, it feels "buzzy"??. It's not a problem but the in-line sounds intimidating. Is it the difference because one is a v four and one an in-line? Some info would be appreciated as I know verrrryyy little about my new baby. :? Thanks guys!

Sounds like you need the sync the carbs (or have it done) ... the symptoms your describing are "usually cured" by doing so 8)

Comment

Yup, I second the carb synch. I did it this weekend for the first time and it is much smoother and less buzzy now.
      Currently bikeless
      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

You will never get it as smooth as the V-4...the V-4 has perfect primary balance while the inline four has some secondary imbalance. I like the slight buzz because it reminds me that it has an engine, not a electric motor!

The carb synch will definitely help if they are out of synch.

Hap

Comment

The V4 has a totally different feel to it. AS Hpa siad, it has good primary balance, and pulses rather than vibrates. The GS has a typically inline 4 vibe than would feel quite different and busy compared to the V4

Oh yes, I have a 78gs1000 and an ST1100 V4...you should try a GT750 Suzuki someday if you want a smooth, quite different experince!!

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks guys. I'm going to have the carbs synced as I don't think the guy I bought it from ever did. It runs great though. saaz, you got it....it feels busy compared to the V4. It feels like it's turning much higher rpms than it really is.

Comment

Re: Thanks!

Originally posted by Georgiaboy
              Thanks guys. I'm going to have the carbs synced as I don't think the guy I bought it from ever did. It runs great though. saaz, you got it....it feels busy compared to the V4. It feels like it's turning much higher rpms than it really is.
              yeah, I've got a v45 Sabre, and man, that V4 is sooooo smoooooth... its probably nothing

Comment

Working...
              X