bike covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bike covers

My bike will be chased out of the garage this fall to make way for my spouses Z-3. I am looking at Motorcycle covers for my 82 GS1100GK. It will be ouside. Any suggestions of what would be a good move to protect her from the elements.

RG

I bought a cover online for about $69. It works great outside, keeps the bike dry. If you have enough space, why not get one of those fabric shed type portable garages? I've seen em at Costco for about $150. That way the snow doesn't have to sit on top of the cover- mosture will get inside it that way.
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

cover

Get a shed I got a nice one from Lowes that is double walled and prefabed to boot 10x8 feet I got my bike mower and barbb. grill in it it was $600 but it is very deluxe besides that if the wife can afford a Z-3 she can buy you a shed, I moved mine out cause the open system was stinking up my shop!!!

Comment

Condisation is a problem with metal sheds, Cover it with a breathable cover not a tarp. Cover the ex pipe opening too. Criters can get anywhere

Comment

shed

not only do the metal sheds have a condensation problem they are a pain to put together the one from Lowes is insulated double wall polypropolene,and has vents and a optional skylite, the floor will hold the 600lbs no sweat, i also cover it, I don't cover the exhaust cause I like to watch the little criters fly out on start-up!!!

Comment

Cabelas used to make a nice cover for somewhere around $40.00. I bought one a few years ago and it works great.

Scud

Comment

Originally posted by Scud
              Cabelas used to make a nice cover for somewhere around $40.00. I bought one a few years ago and it works great.

Scud
              I recommend anything but the camo cover. I covered my ATV last year and haven't seen it since.

Seriously though - As Jethro said, I would make sure that the cover doesn't touch the paint on the tank or the seat whenever you cover it because it can develop condensation then. The fabric needs air flow to wick the moisture away.

Comment

I recommend a blanket under whatever you buy to help absorb moisture and keep the bike drier. My bike has always been garaged but I still throw 2 blankets over her. Really helps the entire finish stay cleaner.
                And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

blanket

holy cow keith 2 blankets for the bike what do you do for the old lady and the pets??? I will up your 2 blankets, and use 1 blanket a sleeping bag and one comforter, and a portable air-conditioner in the summer, dont want the electric blanket around gas!!!

Comment

Another thought might be to shrink wrap it. I have done this to my boat for the past two years and haven't seen any problems with condensation on the seats or vynyl (sp?). Looks kinda dorky, but with Northern Minnesota winters tough on your posessions, might be worth a try. Just my two cents. Pete

P.S. Thank you so much for this site!

Comment

Originally posted by mrquadriga
                      Another thought might be to shrink wrap it. I have done this to my boat for the past two years and haven't seen any problems with condensation on the seats or vynyl (sp?). Looks kinda dorky, but with Northern Minnesota winters tough on your posessions, might be worth a try. Just my two cents. Pete

P.S. Thank you so much for this site!
                      I just got my boat back from being shrink wrapped, I love it. Just wish the boat yard had the facilities to wrap the sailboat as well. Probably won't do this to the bike due to the fact that I tend to ride in the cold and would just be wasting money on the wrapping.

Comment

Working...
                      X