1980 gs 550L to 1982 gs 650L frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1980 gs 550L to 1982 gs 650L frame

Ok, this is kinda long and drawn out but here goes. I recently purchased a 1980 GS550L. This bike has no title. However I have run a cross a pretty cheap frame that does have a title. This frame is from a GS650L 1982. This was a shaft drive model. In this state, the frame is what is licensed. So my question is, will my parts form the 1980 gs550L fit the frame from the GS650L, hence giving me a bike with a clear title? I'mpretty sure it will do it, but i want to be sure before going thru alot of work and headaches. Thanks alot in advance for any insight into this project.
    joe

Why not apply for a title? Doesn't your state have a procedure for that? :?

Comment

I cannot get a new title because the person i got the bike form is overseas. in theis state , the last known owner must be the one to apply for a duplicate title. Otherwise i would not go to such extremes. This is the only way i will be bale o get a clean title so i can ride this bike. thanks again for any help.
      joe 8)

Comment

The 550 Cannot be interchanged with the 650G SHAFT model IF you were determined to try anything It would be to cut the steering head with the ser #s off of the 650 and weld it to your 550 Requires verry presission work to get it aligned

Comment

How about a 650L chain drive? Or what frames would work?

Comment

If you can find a 650 chain frame the engine should fit it's bigger. Be aware cosmetic items, side covers, tank ??? are specific to "L" model.
            I would wait & try and find another 550L frame with papers.
            Use a Title Service?? reg it in another state??

Comment

Working...
            X