any idea if our bulbs are like this one?? LED brake flasher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any idea if our bulbs are like this one?? LED brake flasher

so I found this on ebay and it looks like a good deal compared to the 40$ ones I've seen, but will it fit an '81 GS650G??

flasher

thanks for any help!! (unless you buy it out from under me! )

bulb

It will fit but these bulbs are for show purposes only, not legal in the states for road use!!! I almost bought one then did the research and passed on then!

Comment

really? so would I have to then have both or am I not allowed to use it at all?

I've also heard that colorado doesn't care too much, all you legally have to have is a headlight and a horn or some such nonsense (from a custom cycle maker)

I'll have to look into my state better! thanks!

Comment

Re: bulb

The local Walmart sells those for $4.

Earl :-)

Originally posted by Gee-s-is
        It will fit but these bulbs are for show purposes only, not legal in the states for road use!!! I almost bought one then did the research and passed on then!
        Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

if you want to go LED, you must use the biggest one that will fit in your taillight. Those sold on EBAY like what you are interested in will not cut it in daylight. Whilst more expensive, the difference is night and day. You can get 1 inch diameter LED's with the 1157 base at several online places, send me a pm, and when I get home I can get you some websites.

Comment

leds

yea the big ones work really great in the daylight they have been using them here on the gravel truck trailers and man there bright

Comment

Those tailights suck. The spinning feature is very hypnotic to anyone following you and they will not notice when you hit the brakes or swerve or slow down. They will probably hit you from the rear and kill you. then they will feel bad and start drinking heavily. So, for your sake and theirs, don't buy the stupid little thing. Please.

Comment

they have just what you are looking for here. http://www.superbrightleds.com/1157.htm
                I have one of the 1157 30 led cluster bulbs in my bike and it plenty bright.
                they also have lights for the rectangle turnsignals that have the bilb sideways.

Comment

leds

Nice web page, but like it states they have alot of advantages but being brighter isn't one of them, I haven't been able to find a lumination rating i.e. candle power, for them any where, I would love to have a 55w halo tail lite /brake lite, for the cage drivers to enjoy behind me, tailgaters suck!!! The ones that the trucks that I have seen, are lens less and have a bunch of leds in the cluster about 60, I think the lack of lens helps,

Comment

the truck led lights have lens, a advantage of LEDs is they are already the color needed, be it amber or red so they do not loose any brightness shining through a tail light lens or tun signal lens.
                    white light is made up off all the colors of the spectrum, the red lens only allows the red light spectrum to shine through (science class!) the led is only emitting in the red spectrum, so you don't loose any of the output through the lens.
                    on my bike the regular bulb, bare with out the lens was allot brighter than the led cluster.
                    but compared to the led with the lens on, it is just as bright.
                    the main advantages of the led cluster is it illuminates much faster than a incandescent bulb, giving a quicker warning to following vehicles.
                    and they tend to last longer, and due to there being more than one LED bulb in the cluster you have a fail safe.
                    one regular bulb burns out and you have no brake light on the bike, one LED burns out and with a 30 LED cluster you still have 29 LED's shining!
                    [img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SwAAAD0WP0KOhHYS62iz0fRSuB60588rftZOj42mVLUrsOPRv aXWGzq3aujkRjjoO9Vcv5*TmzHxPgmCIuy6XLWdtFzyxVlY!g6 yRIcNXPqWSWKHb1cr0Q/misc%20003.jpg[/img]
                    I have 50 LED's!!!! the 30 led cluster plugged into the tail light socket, 2 flanking the reflector in the tail light lens (lights up more of the lens) two 8 led flasher clusters that flash at a high rate when the brakes are applied (suppose to draw attention) and the 2 led cluster auxiliary light below the license plate.

Comment

led

I under stand the whole specturm deal like they say match the led to your lens cover, your safety lies in having mulit units, I have made my stock tail lite, a twin bulb( junk yard) and I have defeated the tail lite out syndrome, and I will match it to any led in daylight and direct sun, plus it looks clean and original, and took about 4 hours and $20 bucks to do, and with the brake flasher unit from ebay it gets the attenion of butt drivers, my point is you can spend your money more wisely and add too the safety instead of a gimmic, I am hard pressed to believe that the mill-a-sec difference that the led makes in coming on is going to be perceived by the humane eye and brain, of course this is my opinion based on my own observasions, just as I would not use the osolating or blinking head light cause you tend to stare at it, witch when they first came out, was a huge debate!! but some guys around here use them and sure as h3ll I find my self paying attention to it instesd of the road, while Iam at I may include the damn spinning mag wheel centers that make a car look like its moving when at a light,more gimmick crap, so you really have to watch to make sure the guys not moving, since quite often its the wheel movement that gives away small movment

Comment

Working...
                      X