Braided steel brakelines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Braided steel brakelines

I tried posting this question last night, and even got a notice that there was an answer to my question but was unable to retrieve it. It doesn't even show up on the Q&A. So here it is again: I'm trying to get some advice on putting braided steel lines on the antidive (as well as the rest of the brake system) of my '82 GS1100EZ. Is it worth doing the extra lines to keep the antidive working or is it best just to disconnect the system. I'm trying to get the mush out of the brake feel. Thanks

theres a hundred riders here that will tell you YANK THAT ANTI-DIVE NOW.
    and save the braided line money or do both.
    I want to find info to on going to the braded, like where to get them.
    so do tell us all

Comment

I personally like to disconnect the antidive and replace the weak fork springs. This way I get less dive and brakes that are solid and easy to bleed. Disconnection is easy, just remove the line and use the banjo bolt from the antidive at the caliper. Then just put a rubber plug in the antidive hole so moisture doesn't get in and ruin it. If you must keep the antidive check with Russell, they used to have a 5 line kit for your bike. When it comes to bleeding the system, I would follow the procedure in the factory shop manual.
      Axel

Comment

I would like to know if Russell has a web site for the sale of the braided brake lines.

Steve

Comment

I would like to know...

linksl1
          Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 1:11 am?? ?Post subject:
          I would like to know if Russell has a web site for the sale of the braided brake lines.
          Steve
          Steve, really.... I'm not flamming here but your on a computer right? Go to Google and do a search for Russel +braided +brake etc and you'll get your answer.
          "May I wash your dick too, Sir" from: Arthur

Comment

try www.galferusa.com braided lines with pvc outer covering

Comment

GK.....you can't wash it....but you can suck it.....

Comment

My reply:

Lighten up Francis!

Comment

"May I wash your dick too, Sir"

Thats just wrong on so many levels! LOL

Comment

Working...
                  X