Sidestand cowers in fear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sidestand cowers in fear

Today I, Dave, Lord of Lard, stepped on the little lift peg on my 450's sidestand and broke it. Now when the stand is up I can't lower it without reaching my hand under the bike. I can use the center stand for now, but obviously it'd be nice to have the sidestand available.

What range of models does that particular stand fit? I found a GS650E stand on eBay, and the picture looks like it's the right stand.

Dave

Re: Sidestand cowers in fear

Why not just have it welded back? If you have a friend with a welder, it
    probably will only take a few minutes.

Earl

quote="Hinermad"]Today I, Dave, Lord of Lard, stepped on the little lift peg on my 450's sidestand and broke it. Now when the stand is up I can't lower it without reaching my hand under the bike. I can use the center stand for now, but obviously it'd be nice to have the sidestand available.

What range of models does that particular stand fit? I found a GS650E stand on eBay, and the picture looks like it's the right stand.

Dave[/quote]
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Right now nearby friends are in short supply, and those that remain don't have welders. (Nor do I, for that matter.)

As a temporary measure I've considered clamping an L-shaped rod to the stand with stainless hose clamps.

Maybe it's time to find a local welding shop.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Hinermad
        Right now nearby friends are in short supply, and those that remain don't have welders. (Nor do I, for that matter.)....

Maybe it's time to find a local welding shop.
        Yep, and if you catch them at the right time, the price might be cheap, too. Sounds like you've moved to a new location. This might be a great chance to get to know your locals!

SV

Comment

Working...
        X