Why in the world?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why in the world?

Can someone tell me why my 78 1000e has a double throttle cable set up?
    It's not a push me/ pull you affair. Nor is there a return spring issue.
    Im @ a loss!
    I had a bind on the front cable (as sitting on the bike). Looked hard, then disconected it. Now everything seems to be working quite smoothly.

any reason?
    Rico

post; Go Sox

It's a saftey feature?? Supposedly under some engine vacuum conditions it is possible for the carb slides to hang open 8O That's what the push cable is for-positive carb return

Comment

OK safety. :roll:
      Has anyone gone with out?
      That return spring is awfull strong.

Has anyone run with out the second cable and had the thing stick.

Rico

Comment

Yes, I have removed the 2nd throttle cable on my 750E and it does that on occasion. I would not recommend that mod for a new rider. Otherwise, its managable if you have the presence of mind to flip the kill switch while grabbing brakes and blipping the throttle to get it to retun. It never sticks at any setting up to 3/4 throttle, but on the stop full throttle will lock the throttle wide open.

Earl

Originally posted by Rico
        OK safety. :roll:
        Has anyone gone with out?
        That return spring is awfull strong.

Has anyone run with out the second cable and had the thing stick.

Rico
        Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

I would not run without the return cable. You can buy a lighter return spring at the hardware store.
          And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
          Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Working...
          X