No announcement yet.

More repair series complete and posted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, I was looking at the black type that said $29.95 on the right side. Just an error when he built the page, I guess.

Oh well, what's $3? I was more concerned that you might have been looking at the wrong tool entirely through some bizzare intar-web-net mixup.

One thing to consider before buying the mercury sticks is that the Carbtune doesn't contain poisonous liquid metal, just waiting for an excuse to escape and skitter all over your garage floor. I found this out the hard way, and had to buy a mercury refill a few years ago.

Once you fill mercury sticks, there's not really an easy safe way to transport them unless you drain out the mercury. And you have to make sure they're hanging vertically at all times. I have mercury sticks, purchased years before I ever heard of the Carbtune, but if I had it to do all over, I would scape up the additional $60 or $70.

But if you just want to get the job done cheap, I definitely understand that!
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Carb tune

It amused me to see someone else 8O "see" like I do . I'll probably wait till Santa comes and get the Carbtune. I'm not real crazy about mercury and have just about quit eating tuna. Going to order the shim tool next week. Gonna wander over to your site and see whats new.

Comment

Working...
      X