Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

would 15 year old Stainless brake lines be shot??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

would 15 year old Stainless brake lines be shot??

I've been talking to a fellow about getting some NOS russell lines for the ol girl, but just now realized that they still have rubber hoses inside the steel, right?? would there be any chance that the rubber might be shot??

I may get the paypal invoice from him any day now, so any advice is greatly appreciated!!

I've had mine on for about 15 years.
    Still stops fine, and I haven't noticed any expansion under braking.
    I do flush mine every 2-3 years.
    Keith
    -------------------------------------------
    1980 GS1000S, blue and white
    2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

If they are teflon-cored, they will be good for life.

Comment

well hopefully they're all good, cause I just paid him for 'em. $130 bucks for three front lines and the rear, not too bad a deal?? (I don't think I want to hear if it I paid too much :? )

Thanks!

Comment

Mine were brand new, paid $127.00 Got 3 front, one rear.

Comment

d@mmit, I didn't want to hear that... hmmm. :?

where'd you get 'em?

Comment

Thats not too bad- the only thing about the Russell lines is that they are not very pliable and are not coated. Be careful they do not rub against anything under braking or steering lock. I have had them on my 83 GS750 for 20 years. Recently put Goodrich lines on my now sold TL1000S, thay are a much better product, very pliable and coated-very high quality. I ordered a set of Goodriches for my current 750 rebuild with Kat 750 front end. Paid about $150 for both front and rear. Another thing, the Goodrich lines do not use the Y block, only two lines-one to each caliper with both bolting directly to the master cylinder. Good Luck, Ed.
              1983 GS750ED coming along but slowly
              Store photos and docs online. Access them from any PC, Mac or phone. Create and work together on Word, Excel or PowerPoint documents.

Comment

Bought them from Dennis Jerk (Dennis Kirk) about 4 months ago. They are Goodrich coated lines. Very happy with them.

Comment

Working...
                X