JC Whitney Clutch Plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JC Whitney Clutch Plates

Has anyone tried clutch disks from JC Whitney?

Explore JC Whitney for premium auto parts & accessories, dive into car culture, & stay updated with the latest automotive events & tech trends

By far the cheapest I've seen. Also is 8 the correct number?

Thanks for any info.

Dave

Dave i had a kawa 600 eliminator ((slightly reworked)that i dragged religiously and i used JC whitney disks in it. They were just fine. i dont know how many disks your 750 has though.
    I USED IT TO PRACTICE LAUNCHES AND POWER SHIFTING AT WIDE OPEN THROTTLE.
    I put a few thousand miles on it befor i traded it for the gs1100e and i never had clutch trouble

Comment

they only go up to an 850. Will not work in an 1100?

Comment

Wow, my local Suzuki dealer is good for something after all. I called them and of course they don't carry them, but they are only $57 and can be here in less than a week.
        I think I'll go that route. It's another $10 for the springs.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by DMPLATT
          Wow, my local Suzuki dealer is good for something after all. I called them and of course they don't carry them, but they are only $57 and can be here in less than a week.
          I think I'll go that route. It's another $10 for the springs.

Dave
          GET THE SPRINGS!!

Just in case you were considering trying to re-use... I made that mistake, and lost in a drag with a VX500 soon after. Sonofa...!

A set of springs and a new seal later, I took his lunch money and made him cry.

Comment

GET THE SPRINGS!!

Just in case you were considering trying to re-use... I made that mistake, and lost in a drag with a VX500 soon after. Sonofa...!

A set of springs and a new seal later, I took his lunch money and made him cry.
            Thanks. Yeah, the springs are cheap enough not to warrant NOT replacing them.

I lied about the Suzy dealer. I found the plates cheaper on partsnmore.net. I read another post somewhere and thought I'd check em out. They were considerably cheaper and free shipping. I ended up getting the gasket and springs from Bike Bandit.

Looks like another week for them to get here and we'll start. Shouldn't be too bad.

Thanks for all the info and I'll post again when I'm either singing the blues, or cruising around with a new clutch. 8) 8)

Comment

Working...
            X