Oh my Gawd!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh my Gawd!!!!

The Mighty Tractor has fallen foul of one of the infamous "weak points" 8O 8O
    I know I was as shocked as you all are
    The petcock (fuel tap) diaphram is leaking 8O
    I looked on "motorcyclecarbs.com" and they show a re-build kit for $21.95 US 8O .
    My question is, is this the best spot to get it from? Or is there somewhere better? Or cheaper?
    Dink

go pingle Dink

Comment

Originally posted by scotty
      go pingle Dink
      I agree!

Hap

Comment

Hmmm, I checked the Dennis Kirk catalog and no listings for any rebuild kits but Kawasaki. If you go the Pingel route as scotty suggested that will set you back about $125 US 8O after you buy the valve, the screen and the adaptor. When my petcock failed on the '80 550L model I found out a rebuild kit was not offered for this 'one year fiasco'. You had to buy ANOTHER one for $72. :x So 22 bucks doesn't sound bad. Good Luck!

Comment

go pingle Dink
          Go tinkle Dom. OK. Sounded funny to me. Sorry.
          I like the Pingle too but I think Dink just wants the rebuild kit.(?)
          And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
          Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Cycle Recycle has OEM petcocks for about $60 US. http://www.crc2onlinecatalog.com/Index_Main_Frame.htm (Fuel Sytem Parts / Petcocks)
            If you trust yourself to shut off the gas valve after each ride I'd also recommend the Pingle.

Does anyone have any experience with the new vacuum pingles??

Good Luck,

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by KEITH KRAUSE
              go pingle Dink
              Go tinkle Dom. OK. Sounded funny to me. Sorry.
              I like the Pingle too but I think Dink just wants the rebuild kit.(?)
              Well Keith, i cant make fun of someone who is as jerky as i am.

$125 for a pingel. I dont think so.

Comment

Parts n More has rebuild kits for petcocks ranging in price from $10 to $19, depending on the model.

Comment

go pingle Dink

If I wanted to spend $200 Oz on a pingle I would, I have no problem with "only" getting 19 years out of the last genuine one so I see no reason to waste that amount of money and then wait two months for it get here, which is why I asked about a rebuild kit I could then afford to get air-mailed and have by next weekend.
                  BTW I am not certain after all these years of vacuum taps, that I do trust myself to turn off a tap when I shut the motor off, I occassionally forget to turn the tap back to on after going to reserve.
                  Also remeber this bike is entirely stock. I would like to keep it as close as possible.
                  Dink

Comment

Originally posted by Dink
                    go pingle Dink

If I wanted to spend $200 Oz on a pingle I would, I have no problem with "only" getting 19 years out of the last genuine one so I see no reason to waste that amount of money and then wait two months for it get here, which is why I asked about a rebuild kit I could then afford to get air-mailed and have by next weekend.
                    BTW I am not certain after all these years of vacuum taps, that I do trust myself to turn off a tap when I shut the motor off, I occassionally forget to turn the tap back to on after going to reserve.
                    Also remeber this bike is entirely stock. I would like to keep it as close as possible.
                    Dink
                    I know what you mean, Dink. I tried to get off the bike the other day without putting the sidestand down!

BB

Comment

Originally posted by Bolder Biker
                      I know what you mean, Dink. I tried to get off the bike the other day without putting the sidestand down!

BB
                      oops!! You must have been looking at that enclosed cycle with the automatic deploying outriggers for too long!!

Steve 8)

Comment

I paid $22.00 for a kit for my 1150, on e-bay, & they paid the shipping. Looks like what Karl said may be a better deal. I've had Suzukis since 1977, and had my first pet cock problem this summer. Easy to rebuild, now working perfectly. Just my opinion, the pingle has been outdated since 1977, when the vacum pet cocks got started.

Comment

OK problem solved, brand new genuine for $60.
                          Dink

Comment

Ron Ayres would have the stock Suzuki petcock for much less if you can get the Suz. p/n. The salesman they have now doesn't like to look up our old parts. Their shipping is awful slow so may not be an option anyway.

Comment

That is $60 Australian, about $35-40 US, and is direct through Suzuki Australia I work for a Suzuki dealer.
                              Dink

Comment

Working...
                              X