Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine Swap

Hello all:
    My names Jim and I'm from Bremerton Wa and have a couple , ok three, GS750's. Two 82's and an 81. I used to hang out on the old resources board but got busy with my 95 FZR1040. my question is, I understand an 1100 motor will bolt into a 750 frame with very little modification but will an 1150? I'd rather have the bigger wrist pins and stronger cases. I have a machine shop so al little fabrication and machine work are not a problem.
    I'm also thinking of a swing arm and upside down fork swap to get modern rubber. I've been riding this particular 750 for 6 or 7 years now with ZERO problems outside of a stator/rectifier (who would have thought) and some clutch work but the engine is getting a little tired at 42000 miles and the trans it getting a little worn also. Time to step ep and do a swap.
    So........
    I'm also looking for an engine for a reasonalbe price in good shape or a good buildable motor as this thing will wind up getting big blocked
    Thanks all
    Jim

Good 1150's are getting hard to find Have you considered a Bandit motor

Comment

will it bolt into my 82 frame???????
      I have no idea on anything that new. if it will Sure I'll look for one
      J

Comment

You would have to make your own motor mounts & install & oil cooler I think the 1200 bandit motor is physically smaller than the 1150. It's not a project for a beginner

Comment

Well....It's just that I had never thought, Bandit
          I would not call myself a beginner, been riding and building for over forty years. I can certainly layout mounts and machine them, just that a bandit motor was never on the radar screen, so to speak.
          I may know of a tired 1100 but you're opened another train of thought for me

thanks again
          Jim

Comment

If you get that 1100 figure it is going to require a complete rebuild that can run $2,000 if you do the work -$3500 at a shop

Comment

Yea, I am full aware of that. I just got done putting 5800 into my FZR motor
              But the thing is that I prolly will never sell htis bike. I have a lot of motorcycles and would rather know what it is that have a throwaway.
              I'm planning on building a 1327 or 1428 for around town. Not a daily rider.
              But I'd rather know that all is well with the motor.
              I'm figguring 6 or 7K to get done with the motor
              and another 6 or 7K to do the chassis and suspension
              Then I'll rattle can it black!

Jim

Comment

If you have a shop and can weld and fabricate/machine, there are two Hayabusa engines on cycletrader online right now and I saw two more in searching ebay.

I've toyed with the idea of a turbobusa engine in the GS1150. :-)

Earl
                Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Now THAT sir ....is an EVIL thought
                  I like it
                  Jim

Comment

Working...
                  X