Need a little Advice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a little Advice!

I have a 1980 GS1100E. I have the orginal airbox with a V/H megaphone header and a stage 1 jet kit. I have replaced almost everthing on the bike at this time to include a new Reg./Rec., Wireing Harnes, Stator, Coil Packs (Dyna DC1-1 with a 8mm wires), and had the carbs rebuild last summer. :x
    My Problem is that when I first hit the throtle or release it and hit it again I get a hesatation. This happens every time I let off of the throtle no matter what gear or how fast I am going. Once I get past that point it picks up and runs like it should. Durning this hesatation it seams like it is missing.
    Other issues that my be a part of the problem are I still have a small amount of white smoke comming from the exaust when ideling and a small back fire or puff when idleing and decelerating. The puff as I like to call it dose not happen all of the time. :?
    I have replaced everything that I could tring to correct the problem and still it persist. I am not a bad machanic but I just do not have the knowledge to start adjusting the carbs (even though I belive this is the problem). I can do carb work but would prefer a little advice before I start.
    Thanks for any help you can offer!!!!
    The Beast :twisted:

Check the boots between your cylinder head and carbs, also the ones between the carbs and airbox, these are the "classic" symptoms of leaking boots.
    Dink

Comment

Thanks Dink! I noticed that my rubber boots from the head to the Carbs were sucking some air causeing it to look like they are moveing. I will work on that and see how it goes.

The Beast

Comment

Originally posted by Boozy Creek Beast
        Thanks Dink! I noticed that my rubber boots from the head to the Carbs were sucking some air causeing it to look like they are moveing. I will work on that and see how it goes.

The Beast
        The PULSING you see at the manifolds is normal.
        And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
        Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Working...
        X