Carb Cleaning gs650

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb Cleaning gs650

I am cleaning out my carb's just got this bike. I got the chem dip and it works really well, but I dont have new o rings , so I'm attempting to reuse them? does anyone know if this is a serious problem or not they seem to be in decent shape still ? ? also I looked in the holes of the jets and most of them are clear only some of them are clogged, so just woundering if Im wasting my time cleaning these things or not ? anyone with some advice will be great thanx. Ohh and according to the tutorial it says theres air screws , But my carbs don't have any? ? ? but everything else is present according to instructions? So anyone with advice will be greatly appreciated. !!! thanks. .

New dude.!!!

You might get away with reusing them, still not a good idea. Three places I can think of right off, float valve seat, T's between carbs, air/fuel mixture screws. If any of those o-rings got tanked, they are history. Don't try to get away without setting the float level, that catches about 50% of the carb cleaners on this site. You need at least a cheap manual, should have the factory manual.

Comment

Hey when you clean the carbs can you tell me what your main jet size isand is it stock. it should be stamped on the main jet

Comment

Hmmm that sucks, but thanks for the good information. ! I should have asked before I put the carbs back together, I still never saw the air mixture screw on my set of carbs ? but I can understand what your saying about the float valve o ring, the first carb valve was kinda loose ? ? ? Im thinking should I put her back to gether and just try it or not ? =\ Oh and Astra625 I already put em back together ? But they are stock, I'm thinking I will have to pull em back apart though but I'm going to install them and see what happens first.

thanks all !!

Comment

Working...
        X